Looking for a great way to attract new patrons and spread the word about your digital resources? Consider hosting a Mango Day! Not only is it a ton of fun for staff and patrons alike, it’s also great opportunity for your library to earn checklist points to redeem for swag through the MAP.
Every Mango Day is unique. Some of our partner libraries focus on a community initiative, like ESL literacy or the benefits of a second language, others center their party around a particular holiday or event, like Chinese New Year, Carnival, or Back-to-School time.
Here are a few ideas to get you started:
- Give away goodies: Mango promotional items make for happy patrons. Ask your rep about the items we have available.
- Chow down: Mango-flavored treats, like smoothies, go a long way.
- Focus on ESL: Invite patrons to study groups where they can gather to practice English together with Mango.
- Host a meet-up: The library is a great place for learners of a particular language to congregate and practice. And what better meeting place than one chock-full of language-learning resources?
- Show how it’s done: schedule a live demo to give patrons a taste of Mango in action! If you need a refresher course beforehand, sign up for our Mango 101 training webinar.
Want even more ideas? Check out this Pinterest board with examples from other libraries. And don’t forget to email your Mango Rep photos from your Mango Day to be featured on Pinterest!